[Coral-List] Coral disease forecasting tool demonstration - happening today

Jamie Caldwell (Sziklay) jamie.sziklay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 01:18:48 UTC 2022

My colleagues and I will be virtually hosting a demonstration of a new
coral disease forecasting tool this *Thursday, February 24th, at 5-6 pm EST
(USA time zone). *The demonstration will be hosted as a town hall event at
the Ocean Sciences Meeting (OSM, WK13 Coral disease forecasting for the
Pacific Ocean: demonstrating a new tool for scientists and managers).

If you are interested in this product and registered for OSM, we encourage
you to attend through the meeting portal. If you are not registered to
attend OSM but are interested in this event, please send me an email (
jamie.sziklay at gmail.com) as we may be able to permit attendance to some
non-registered participants.

This tool produces weekly estimates of coral disease risk for coral reef
regions in the US Pacific and the Great Barrier Reef, Australia with
forecasts up to three months in the future. Within the application, users
can explore disease risk at different spatial scales and explore scenarios,
which allow for refinement of predictions for specific areas of interest or
investigation of interventions.

--
Jamie M. Caldwell, PhD
Website: http://infectiousness.weebly.com/