[Coral-List] methods for collecting planulae from brooding corals

stav waknin stavwaknin at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 10:32:26 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I am an MSc student at Prof.Yehuda (Hudi) Benayahu’s lab (Tel Aviv University).

My research focuses on theontogenetic aspects of soft coral pulsation. To initiate my research, I need tocollect freshly released planulae from mature colonies. I’m looking forrelevant ex-situ larval collection methods. Our experience has excluded thepossibility of placing a collection net over the colonies.

Thanks in advance,

Stav Vaknin

School of Zoology, Facultyof Life Sciences

Tel Aviv University, RamatAviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel.

stavvaknin at mail.tau.ac.il