[Coral-List] Filamentous virus genome assemblies generated from SCTLD-affected, diseased-exposed and unexposed USVI coral colonies now available

Adrienne Simoes Correa adymscorrea at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:14:57 UTC 2022

Dear all,

We wanted to let you know about a genome announcement that was accepted for publication today in ASM’s Microbiology Resource Announcements. The paper describes Coral Holobiont-associated alphaFlexiVirus 1 and 2 (CHFV1, CHFV2), which we assembled and annotated from metatranscriptomes from SCTLD-affected, disease-exposed and unexposed coral colonies in the USVI. CHFV1 and CHFV2 are available now on GenBank via accession #s OM030231 and OM030232, respectively. We hope that making these resources available immediately will accelerate primer development etc by the broader SCTLD research community!

I would particularly like to acknowledge first author Alex Veglia, as well as Kelsey Beavers, Laura Mydlarz and Marilyn Brandt for their work in generating this resource.

​​Veglia, A.J., Beavers, K., Van Buren, E.W., Meiling, S.S., Muller, E.M., Smith, T.B., Holstein, D.M., Apprill, A., Brandt, M.E., Mydlarz, L.D., Correa, A.M.S. (in press) Alphaflexivirus Genomes in Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease (SCTLD)-Affected, Disease-Exposed and Unexposed Coral Colonies in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Microbiology Resource Announcements

All the best,
Adrienne

Adrienne M.S. Correa (she/her)
Assistant Professor