[Coral-List] Postdoctoral opportunity in coral climate resilience mapping with Stanford and Super Reefs

spalumbi spalumbi at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 7 17:57:36 UTC 2022

To the Coral listers, I’m very pleased to post an opportunity for a postdoctoral researcher to join our group in helping local communities measure coral heat resistance across various reef types and locations. The project involves collaboration with the Super Reefs teams at Woods Hole and TNC, and focuses on coral heat resistance testing as well as mentoring local students, researchers and community leaders on local collection of these types of data. There is also an opportunity for genomic analysis of coral and symbiont populations and reef eDNA characterization.

Anyone interested should contact Steve P at spalumbi at stanford.edu for more information. The opportunity is available starting in early Fall 2022.

cheers

Steve

Stephen Palumbi
Jane and Marshall Steel, Jr. Professor of Marine Biology
Stanford University
Hopkins Marine Station
microdocumentaries at http://microdocs.org