[Coral-List] Please reach out with spawning observations for Porites lobata species complex

Cas Grupstra casgrupstra at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:49:02 UTC 2022

Subject: Please reach out with spawning observations for Porites lobata species complex

Dear Coral Listers,

We are compiling a list of observed spawning times for the coral Porites lobata, and we would love to hear your field observations! Published (predicted) spawning times for P. lobata range from April to November throughout the Pacific, but we suspect that many observations have gone unpublished. Please reach out if you have observed these corals spawn, along with the location, and if possible, the exact date and time. If you don’t know the exact date, please still let us know the year and the approximate month. If you have any other interesting observations regarding reproduction in P. lobata and her sister species, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Please send your observations to cgb.grupstra at gmail.com <mailto:cgb.grupstra at gmail.com>
Kind regards,

Carsten Grupstra