[Coral-List] Request for the Reef Futures 2022 Conference

Lisa Carne lisasinbelize at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 19:51:04 UTC 2022

Greetings All,

I concur (or at least ask for hybrid/virtual event) and will  not attend Reef Futures in person (although talk accepted) just as I did not attend ICRS 2022 in person (did 2021 virtual talk)-where unofficial reports say almost 50% of attendees tested COVID positive pre, during and post ICRS. Many of my friends & colleagues included!

My health & reduced carbon footprint are both worth more to me than the drinks/socializing/parties. Info and data can be shared virtually.

With respect, open invitation to visit us in Belize where we enjoy open air, a relatively small population even including tourists, and a globally lauded reef restoration site ( and many other sites throughout Belize):

https://implementers.decadeonrestoration.org/implementers/20/fragments-of-hope

We are also currently hosting many regional colleagues & their students and are happy to continue to do so..we are also seeing rising COVID positive numbers here with the new variants and lack of restrictions (in US & Belize), but testing has become very affordable and masking up while not required in all places, is still practiced by many and there is no stigma to common sense precautions here.

Best fishes,
stay safe

Lisa Carne
Executive Director/Founder