[Coral-List] Diversify Ocean Sciences - ICRS engagement

Monica Medina momedinamunoz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:45:25 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues attending ICRS,

We have started an initiative called Diversify Ocean Sciences <http://www.diversifyoceansciences.org/> to provide a space for voices from diverse backgrounds in marine science and to encourage the decolonization of ocean sciences.

We have been interviewing colleagues to write Wikipedia pages for them and also publish video interviews about their career paths and perspectives on how to create a more equitable and inclusive marine science community.

We will be at ICRS and would like to record a few more interviews. If you are interested in being one of the highlighted scientists, please let me know your availability and we will make arrangements to set up a time with you at the conference. We will only need about 20 minutes of your time.

If you are interested in helping out with this effort at a different time in the future, please also reach out. We hope this will become a large collective effort and for that we need more volunteers to write Wikipedia pages and help record interviews. If you have suggestions of how we can also improve the website and what other resources we should highlight, they are also very welcome.

Looking forward to a productive time in Bremen,

Mónica on behalf of the Medina Lab

Monica Medina
Professor
Department of Biology