[Coral-List] message for the coral list

Giaele Benetti giaele.benetti at imbrsea.eu
Thu Jun 23 07:52:42 UTC 2022

Good morning, I would like to post this message on the coral list:

Good morning to everyone my name is Giaele Benetti and I am a marine
biology master student from the IMBRSea program. I am looking for a thesis
project regarding corals and/or genetics. My idea would be to analyze and
compare the microbiota associated with healthy corals and the one
associated with bleached corals. I would like to study the microbiota
associated with corals looking for something useful to use to help corals
to be more resilient against heat waves or water acidification.  If this
particular project cannot be developed now I would be also interested in
helping in the project that you are already working on regarding corals I
can come in your lab from January 2023 until June 2023 with the willingness
to stay even after obtaining my master degree to finish the project, if it
cannot be finished in 6 months.
Iam now specializing in coral restoration and conservation and global
change. I have a bachelor degree in biotechnology (obtained with the Alma
mater studiorum university) with a strong background in genetics.
Furthermore my bachelor thesis was about the gut microbiota of Sparus
Aurata. All this information is in my CV and you can consult my master
program here http://www.imbrsea.eu/applied-marine-ecology-and-conservation
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.imbrsea.eu/applied-marine-ecology-and-conservation__;!!Nmw4Hv0!3IGxFDjgHRblbQeNeT1QdqEFAy-lvH_rpjsYkm_4y8FdnUZZZpKfaNeLuU-1Eb99DQYmQ03Vy36wnHiKFgtqI7Rmzmt1KuANSpBPew$>.
Currently I am doing an internship in the genetic department of CCMAR
(Portugal). I speak English and Italian fluently and I am obtaining the
advanced scuba diver licence.

I am available for an online meeting whenever you are available.

If you have some open position please contact me through this email.

Thank you to everyone,
Giaele Benetti