[Coral-List] Post-Doc in Coral Reef Resilience, US Virgin Islands

Tyler Smith tsmith at uvi.edu
Thu Jun 30 14:09:12 UTC 2022

Dear Coral-List,

We are pleased to put out this call for a post-doctoral researcher in coral reef resilience with a closing date of July 15, 2022*.
https://careers.uvi.edu/postings/5670

The preferred candidate will co-lead a study of coral reef resilience using long-term coral reef biophysical data sets from multiple research groups working in the US Virgin Islands.  The candidate will also have the opportunity to develop research in their particular area of interest, with easy access to Caribbean coral reef ecosystems and excellent diving/technical diving and laboratory facilities. The US Virgin Islands has been the site of many seminal research projects over the years.

We are looking for a someone with strong quantitative and organizational skills, and the ability to work well in collaborative groups.

This position will be under my mentorship in the Coral Reef Resilience Lab (CoRRL). Please refer to the full posting for details, but you may also reach out to me if you have any specific questions.  I will also be at International Coral Reef Symposium next week in Germany.

Cheers,
Tyler

*The closing date may be pushed back to allow more applicants.  I will update this message to Coral-List if that happens.

Tyler B. Smith, Ph.D.
Professor
Center for Marine and Environmental Studies
University of the Virgin Islands
#2 John Brewers Bay, St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands  00802
Tel: 1 (340) 693-1394, Fax: 1 (340) 693-1385
he/him/his

Visit my Lab Website<https://sites.google.com/a/myuvi.net/tyler-b-smith-lab/what-s-new>