[Coral-List] postdoc in coral palaeoclimatology

Jens Zinke jens.zinke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:47:26 UTC 2022

Dear Coral-Palaeo community,

*The University of Leicester is offering a postdoc position (3 years) in
coral palaeoclimatology and geochemistry.*

*Project title: Transforming our understanding of Indonesian Throughflow
(ITF) variability and its climatological influence: long coral records from
strategic sites*

Our research project is a collaboration between the University of Leicester
(UoL) and the University of Southampton (UoS). The post will be based in
Leicester.

Analytical work will involve the high-resolution marine palaeoclimatology
laboratory at the UoL (ICP-MS) and the Stable Isotope Laboratory Research
Facility at the University of Southampton’s Waterfront Campus in its
Palaeoceanography and Palaeoclimate Research Group. Our project also
involves collaborations with climate modellers and oceanographers from the
Climate Research Centre at the UNSW Sydney (Australia), the Australian
Institute of Marine Science and the Commonwealth Research Organisation
(Australia).

*The position is to commence on July 1st, **2022* (slight modification may
be possible).

*For details, please visit:*
https://jobs.le.ac.uk/vacancies/4892/research-associate-in-palaeoclimatology-and-geochemistry.html

*Application deadline: April 14th 2022*

Please advertise widely.

best wishes,
Jens

*Jens Zinke    Professor in Palaeobiology*

*Royal Society Wolfson Fellow*

School of Geography, Geology and the Environment

Bennett Building

University of Leicester,
University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK

*T: +44(116)2523788*