[Coral-List] Workshop: Evolution in Changing Seas

Sotka, Erik SotkaE at cofc.edu
Tue Mar 22 22:02:33 UTC 2022

The Research Coordinated Network for Evolution in Changing Seas (RCN-ECS) is an NSF-funded network of marine scientists, evolutionary biologists, and oceanographers working to develop integrated frameworks for studying adaptation to ocean change.

Applications are now open for this summer's training and integration workshop at Shoals Marine Laboratory from August 16 to 19, 2022. Please apply here <https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLSdeYz0-4oakHYKxiZV3zFkucaKC6VLoB-7-uBrN43v6iTzH4Q%2Fviewform%3Fusp%3Dsf_link&data=04%7C01%7Csotkae%40COFC.EDU%7Cb5bc2eab4a89432431ff08da0053699d%7Ce285d438dbba4a4c941c593ba422deac%7C0%7C0%7C637822655518247976%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=ewvTBKRDSZJ8VnO3lUYGWIDpNrR4Q3ndQI646xhT2wY%3D&reserved=0> by April 5.  We aim to bring together researchers with expertise in marine science, evolutionary biology, and oceanography, with the objective of providing training and mentorship opportunities for early-career researchers. The format will include presentations and tutorials. For more information on topics that will be covered see: https://rcn-ecs.github.io/WorkingGroups/

Transportation to and from Shoals Marine Lab is via their vessel, which will run on August 16 and August 19. Applicants should plan to stay for the entire duration of the workshop.  Also, the workshop will be in a hybrid format. The internet at Shoals is typically excellent, and all talks and tutorials will be broadcast online.

Funding for this workshop comes from the National Science Foundation. Participants who travel from within the US or its territories, and have a SSN or TID, will be reimbursed for travel to and from the workshop. Unfortunately, no funds are available to reimburse researchers for travel from other countries. However, the workshop is free and all workshop participants will have housing and food provided for them during the workshop.

We understand that certain individuals may have special circumstances that may make it difficult for them to participate in the workshop (e.g. pregnancy, young children, disability). We encourage all individuals to apply regardless of special circumstances, as we are willing to work with participants to accommodate them if they are accepted. If you have any questions about whether or not we would be able to accommodate your special circumstances, please email us at evolvingseas at gmail.com<mailto:evolvingseas at gmail.com>.

We hope to see you in August, either virtually or in person!

Sincerely, Erik Sotka
(on behalf of the Steering Committee of the RCN-ECS)

--
Erik Sotka
Professor of Biology