[Coral-List] some climate models predict it will get hot sooner than is likely

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:41:34 UTC 2022

Use of 'too hot' climate models exaggerates impacts of global warming.

https://www.science.org/content/article/use-too-hot-climate-models-exaggerates-impacts-global-warming

This is a news article from Science magazine.  There are links in the
article to the original sources.  I recommend reading the whole article
before jumping to conclusions that global warming is a hoax.  The article
clearly states that it is not.  This is "normal science" correcting and
sharpening, in my view.  Apparently, a few models predict particular
temperatures will be reached before they likely will be reached.  Many
models do not have this problem, including NASA's and NOAA's, and the IPCC
reports are consistent with the most accurate models, the article states.
      Since many think the evidence indicates global warming and mass
bleaching is one of the greatest future threats to coral reefs, I thought
this might be of interest to people interested in coral reefs.

Cheers, Doug

--
Douglas Fenner
Lynker Technologies, LLC, Contractor

Animal melting pot created by climate change could lead to new disease
outbreaks.
https://www.science.org/content/article/animal-melting-pot-created-climate-change-could-lead-new-disease-outbreaks

UN: World on fast track to disaster, but we can avert it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xBVD8r0aHQ

Are we wasting money on shiny objects and high tech that does not yet work,
instead of proven low-tech to stop global warming?
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00560-2