[Coral-List] Are you an aquarium hobbyist?

Melanie Esch mesch003 at fiu.edu
Wed May 11 19:49:00 UTC 2022

Dear Listers,
We are a research team at Florida International University working on a project to reduce the threat of invasive marine fish from coastal ecosystems in South Florida. The goals of this project are:

1) to understand public knowledge of invasive species,

2) learn about challenging experiences as an aquarist, and

3) synthesize characteristics of potential invasive species.

By collating the experiences of aquarists and aquarium distributors, we seek to identify threatening species in the aquarium trade and develop solutions to help mitigate these threats.

If you own or have owned a saltwater aquarium and housed fishes, we are requesting your participation in our survey! Your participation is very valuable to this research. We hope to take no longer than 10-15 minutes of your time completing this online survey. The responses are anonymous and the confidentiality of your answers will be maintained in keeping with our institutional policies.

Find the survey by following this link: http://bit.ly/aquarium_survey <http://bit.ly/aquarium_survey>
This research is being conducted with IRB approval under protocol #IRB-19-0302. Contact Melanie Esch at mesch003 at fiu.edu with any questions or comments about the survey or your participation.

Thanks!