[Coral-List] Happy World Recycling Day

International Coral Reef Observatory icrobservatory at gmail.com
Wed May 18 19:22:41 UTC 2022

Thanks for the comments. All willing to recycle more and do each time more
and more to solve the real causes of the problems that face coral reefs.

In small islands and other distant coastal areas, there is a constraint of
transportation. Then contacting the industries interested according to the
amount of visitors and inhabitants, a possible solution may prevent
seawater pollution from exceeding the capacity of landfilling.

Great that at least in American Samoa there is Aluminum Recycling !!

The plastic should be a priority everywhere for recycling and of course to
reduce consumption of packaging. The mixture of materials should find a
responsible company that reuses for industrial purposes. All these
companies should be included in the Blue Economy. In our environmental
campaigns, we use these materials to make handicrafts with local fisher
communities.

It is relevant to watch critically, how coherent we all are with what we
conclude from our research. Those conclusions about how to save coral reefs
should guide us on what we eat, where we go, what transportation means we
frequently use, and what energy and water we spend, and what
are the preferences of packaging. All has to do with decisions that well
educated environmentally friendly consumers may support #LeadingByExample
within a #GlobalBehaviorChange #GlobalBehaviOURchange For example, we have
a diversity of fruit trees in our backyard  and our own home orchard !!

Nohora Galvis

Director and Researcher on Coral Reef Conservation Effectiveness

International Coral Reef Observatory Twitter: English @ICRIcolombia

Observatorio Internacional de Arrecifes Coralinos

Twitter: Español @ArrecifesCoral

https://www.facebook.com/ICRObservatory/

Instagram ICR_Observatory Youtube ICRI Colombia