[Coral-List] Bioturbulence Proven as a Factor in Ocean Mixing and it's Implications

Melbourne Briscoe mel at briscoe.com
Sat May 28 23:22:42 UTC 2022

" The article, which proves bioturbulence for the first time is
likely relevant to overfishing of the oceans in general."
I don't understand how you conclude anything about overfishing from the
article you link, which does not mention overfishing. Can you explain?

I used to have an 1860's French textbook on "La Mer" that not only had
drawings of the Kraken dragging down a schooner, but described the things
that mixed the ocean, i.e. the sun, the moon, the rotation of the earth,
and "the combined motion of all the little fish tails." Walter Munk's
joking a century later was not a new idea.

- Mel

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 5:06 PM Austin Bowden-Kerby via Coral-List <