[Coral-List] Bioturbulence Proven as a Factor in Ocean Mixing and it's Implications

Melbourne Briscoe mel at briscoe.com
Tue May 31 00:20:18 UTC 2022

Pretty much every supposition you make is testable, or at least the
magnitude of its effects can be estimated. You might want to talk to
someone who actually knows something about boundary layers -- like Kurt
Polzin at WHOI -- and see if he might be interested in making some of those
calculations.I personally am not ready to go from the very weak and very
geographically limited conclusions in the original paper you cited to your
hypothesis that lack of fish tails will cause a global collapse of coral
reefs.

- Mel