[Coral-List] Proposal for scientific research cooperation, impacts on coral reefs

Amro Abd-Alhamid marine_amr at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 06:39:21 UTC 2022

Dear Coral Listers,

I work at the Third Institute of Oceanography, Xiamen, China.

We are in the process of writing a research paper about “Humanimpacts on coral reefs, that affected coral status and distribution”. Theseresearches we did around famous cities in both the Red Sea and the South ChinaSea, and we reached a good comprehension of the two old cities that developedbefore a conservation law was issued, and coral did not recover despite thelong period after the destruction.

I would like to expand and participate in this research byadding cases in Australia, and Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico, or other regionsthat were mainly impacted by humans.

We highly appreciate it if anyone would like to participate and/ornominate someone specialized related to this topic. I would welcome any in-depthdiscussion on this topic over Skype.

All the best,

----------------

Amro Abd-Elgawad,

Ph.D. Marine Ecology &

Post Doctor, American University in Cairo.

Coral rehabilitation program director,South China Sea

& Foreign expert, ThirdInstitute of Oceanography, APEC.

Xiamen, Fujian province, China,P.O/361005

Cell (Chn): +86188 5002 1430

Cell (Cai): +2 0122 3969 429

Email: amr.marine at aucegypt.edu

LinkedIn: Amr Abdelgawad, PhD