[Coral-List] (Coral-List) 1.5 C not plausible anymore

Paul Muir paularwen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:27:03 UTC 2022

Steve,
Nice hypothesis, but sadly we have very little data on variation in
bleaching susceptibility between species, let alone within
species/populations? Pretty basic data to get e.g. Muir et al 2017, 2021
(1,2) and requires only a tiny fraction of one magic bullet budget?

BTW it would be great for someone from the Red List to chip in here, I had
a little to do with the recent revision for corals and it was appalling how
little data we have on the status/vulnerability of the ~750 species of
corals around the world. We probably have already lost several species and
don't even know it.

refs
1. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspb.2017.1551
2. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/geb.13353