[Coral-List] trends in monitoring data on reefs in Barbados, short popular piece

Risk, Michael riskmj at mcmaster.ca
Fri Nov 4 13:59:31 UTC 2022

   Hi Angie. Nice to talk to you again. The article mentioned "hopeful
   signs of recovery", so it was fair of me to ask about those. Some of
   the large amounts of funding to Barbados devoted to reef recovery have
   now been running for several years. Given the enormous impact ANY
   hopeful signs would have in the Caribbean, may we hope for results to
   published soon?

   As you say, the article discussed careers in science. The person
   featured, Henri Valles, got his degree at McGill, back in the day.
   McGill has now abandoned any pretense of being interested in marine
   science. For careers in this exciting yet frustrating field, young
   people would be advised to investigate (in Canada) places like
   Memorial, Dalhousie, UBC and Simon Fraser. (No, not McMaster.)

   Mike