[Coral-List] Kakaban Island - anchialine lake wiith a low pH environmental setting

David Blakeway fathom5marineresearch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 04:20:15 UTC 2022

Interesting! That is very low pH and salinity (& high temp). With those
values I think dissolved oxygen will also be very low. Yet the Halimeda is
doing great.
There are similar atolls in the Pacific, including apparently earlier and
later stages, e.g. Puka-Puka -14.82 -138.82 and Teraina 4.68 -160.38.
Kakaban looks a lot more accessible though.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 10:44 PM Tomas via Coral-List <