[Coral-List] UN panel says Great Barrier Reef should be on the "in danger" list

Austin Bowden-Kerby abowdenkerby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 21:53:46 UTC 2022

Bula Doug, thanks for the post.

I am watching the NOAA site data for the GBR and Melanesia with
great trepidation. https://coralreefwatch.noaa.gov/product/vs/data.php
The multi-year graphs show that all stations are running record high
temperatures. What is developing is off scale, unprecedented.

How ironic- It is as if Mother Earth read the recent glowing reports of
recovery in the Australian press, downplaying the impacts and strong
signals that she has been sending us repeatedly over the years, and so now
she has to put us in our place? Of course, Nature could at any time cool us
off by sending some gentle cooling storms to the GBR area, but perhaps we
don't deserve that, because the climate change deniers were just fed such a
good free meal!

But in all seriousness, unless several good cooling cyclones and tropical
storms start kicking up in the region, we are in for big trouble.

Austin

Austin Bowden-Kerby, PhD
Corals for Conservation
P.O. Box 4649 Samabula, Fiji Islands

https://www.corals4conservation.org
22 minute summary of climate change adaptation strategies
https://youtu.be/arkeSGXfKMk
TEDx talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRLJ8zDm0U
https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/emergency-response-to-massive-coral-bleaching/
<https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/emergency-response-to-massive-coral-bleaching/>

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 1:20 AM Douglas Fenner via Coral-List <