[Coral-List] sad demise of the mesophotic plate coral fields in Jamaica

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:41:05 UTC 2022

Thanks Doug:

I had a similar experience at Cane Bay a couple of Januart's ago. At a
depth of ca. 120 ft, nearly every large Agaricia (I don't know the species,
but they were ca 2 m across) were stripped by bleaching). Also, numerous
species of massive corals were bleached to varying degrees on the mid shelf
(d = 10-20 meters. This is always sad to see, but particularly troubling
given that this is the coldest month in the year.

Dennis

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 12:03 PM Douglas Fenner via Coral-List <