[Coral-List] Underwater 360 imagery/VR dives

Geoff Cook geoffreymcook at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 19:06:00 UTC 2022

Greetings Listers,
I hope this note finds you well.
I'm writing to ask if anyone out there has experience obtaining underwater 360 imagery. I am interested in using this kind of imagery to create "virtual dives" that can be experienced via Oculus2 headsets for the purpose of teaching students about the marine environment.
While taking students underwater on SCUBA would be preferable, that option is not possible at my institution so I am trying to determine if a virtual approach would be feasible.
My sincere thanks in advance for any tips you are willing to offer about relevant equipment, app building, etc.
Wishing you all the very best.Geoff