[Coral-List] corals can eat their zooxanthellae

Lisa Carne lisasinbelize at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 20:58:31 UTC 2023

Greetings from Belize, all.

Stayed away long time ( busy) BUT

I want to add that i heard many disappointed folks from last in person ICRS meeting ( and not because of the covid rates- which btw is back here atm in belize)

Disappointments conveyed to me were on the lack of research & prior knowledge, lack of lit searches, lack  of proper historical science/ knowledge on many presenters part- wasn’t there- no specific talks or names do i have. Was not there.

Personally, I do not have access to many publications but EVERY SINGLE AUTHOR i have messaged for a publication has sent me a PDF over the last decade.

So: we don’t publish much as no time, I am not condoning current academic/ publishing bs . Simply saying that:

Not enough people do their homework.

Best from Belize,
Lisa Carne
Fragments of Hope