[Coral-List] 2 Job Vacancies in Maldives: Marine Biologist + Marine Centre Manager

martin at reefscapers.com martin at reefscapers.com
Thu Jan 5 06:31:00 UTC 2023

Hi everyone

I wish to inform the esteemed coral-list of our 2 current vacancies,
detailed below.

Best regards, and happy new year.
Martin, webdev
Reefscapers / Marine Savers
martin at reefscapers.com

Vacancy : Marine Discovery Centre Manager (re-advertisement)
Apply before: 15 January / Start date: Jan-Feb 2023
Contract: full-time paid position, annual renewal.

We are currently seeking a hands-on Manager to oversee all aspects of
our Marine Discovery Centre.

The Role
* Support for all programs: coral propagation, turtle conservation,
aquaculture.
* Supervise & coach staff; train Apprentices and Interns.
* Management of guest activities, public-relations, and environmental
events.

The Ideal Candidate
* Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline (Marine Biology,
Environmental Science).
* 5 years' experience in tropical marine conservation, project
management, staff supervision.
* PADI DiveMaster (or equivalent) essential; 10m free-diver preferred.

To apply, please download our full PDF job description:
https://marinesavers.com/sdc_download/33545/?key=y05qxxo7gnnto6jjowle1n0nll2ovg

Vacancy : Marine Biologist, Maldives
Apply before: 20 January 2023 / Start date: March-April 2023
Contract: full-time paid position, annual renewal.

We are seeking a motivated and out-going Marine Biologist to start in
a brand-new role, based at an established island-resort in the
Maldives. This position is an exciting opportunity for anyone with a
passion for corals, but priority will be given to speakers of Russian
and/or French.

The Role
* Set up and operate the resort's Coral Propagation Program.
* Conduct marine presentations, guest snorkelling & conservation
awareness.
* Communication, report-writing, content creation.

Ideal Candidate
* Fluent in English, plus Russian and/or French.
* BSc/MSc in Marine Biology/Environmental Science (or equivalent),
with a good knowledge of corals.
* Outgoing, resourceful, strong swimmer, qualified diver (essential).

To apply, please download our full PDF job description:
https://reefscapers.com/sdc_download/34128/?key=3mbxrenhlre5vm2lbztxy5lt8bueeq