[Coral-List] Unomia stolonifera at Venezuela

Ángel Rafael Fariña Pestano afarina46 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 22:58:37 UTC 2023

Best regards. I think many of you already know about the problem we have in Venezuela with the invasion of Unomia stolonifera. However, the current situation is truly alarming and threatens the entire Caribbean. Unomia has spread from the East to the West of the country and in the Mochima National Park, it occupies approximately 50% of the native reefs, with coverage of up to 100% of the space in some areas. I invite you to see on my Instagram @afarina46 a video that I have just published so that the seriousness of the case is understood. I believe that an international meeting is urgently needed to establish strategies to follow. Regards
Enviado desde Yahoo Mail con Android