[Coral-List] Marine Microbiology Assistant Professor Position at UPRM

Travis Courtney traviscourtney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 13:51:08 UTC 2023

Hi all,

We have a job posting available for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Marine Microbiology (or related areas) here in the Department of Marine Sciences at the University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez. The position is for an assistant professor with the potential to focus on a broad range of research areas including the ecology and biology of marine microbes, natural products, molecular analysis, symbiotic interactions, microbial contamination, and/or microbial geochemistry. Our labs are located on Isla Magueyes in La Parguera Natural Reserve in Southwest Puerto Rico, an area surrounded by mangroves, seagrass meadows, and coral reef cayes, with an extensive fore reef extending into mesophotic coral ecosystems and even the nearby Puerto Rico trench. Teaching is at the graduate level with small class sizes and our labs are fully equipped with small boat and SCUBA facilities to directly access the surrounding ecosystems.

You can view the full advertisement here with instructions for applying by the deadline of April 15th, 2023: https://www.uprm.edu/empleos/2023/03/01/23-04-catedratico-auxiliar-ciencias-marinas/

Please note that while the job posting is in Spanish, we are a fully bilingual university and application materials can be submitted and reviewed in either English or Spanish.

Best regards,
Travis

Travis Courtney (he/him/his)
Assistant Professor