[Coral-List] Take care in making attributions on the trigger for SCTLD

International Coral Reef Observatory icrobservatory at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 20:30:49 UTC 2023

Thanks Steve, You clearly understood my point.

Our international transdisciplinary research is based on case studies. We
take into account the available information about the Pressure, State,
Impact, Response and Management indicators to identify potential causes of
coral reefs degradation. In 20 years, it has proved the assertion that
human activities are causing the loss of this valuable ecosystem at both
local and global scales. That is why, I was urged to recommend
alternative solutions at the ICRS 2022.

According to our research, most of the deniers of the negative impact of
dredging on coral reef areas, have a direct involvement in the development
of megaproject$ or contract$ to scale up shadow projects (Promises to
restore coral after the allowed negative impacts).

Let us consider other case study in the world:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/article/140716-australia-coral-reef-dredging-sediment-disease-environment-ocean

*Interestingly, Pogo imagined politics in an individualist frame by
stressing the personal dimensions of environmental citizenship. Pogo evoked
the notion of universal responsibility. The satirist’s goal meant to
provoke political or societal change, the emphasis placed upon individual
action. https://library.osu.edu/site/40stories/2020/01/05/we-have-met-the-enemy/
<https://library.osu.edu/site/40stories/2020/01/05/we-have-met-the-enemy/>*
All the best,

Nohora Galvis
Expert in Transdisciplinary research to improve coral reef conservation
effectiveness
ICRO, International Coral Reef Observatory.
Follow us on Facebookcom/ICRObservatory
Instagram, Twitter and Twitter  ICR_Observatory