[Coral-List] Sign Up & Share- Reefs Go Live 2023 begins 31 March- Livestreaming Underwater Education Broadcasts

Beth Chafin bchafin at reefresearch.org
Wed Mar 22 15:29:12 UTC 2023

CCMI's Reefs Go Live is back, with our first episode of 2023 on Friday, March 31. Click here to sign up for free: https://donate.reefresearch.org/rgl2023

This year's broadcasts will be at 10 am local time in Cayman (UTC-5h) on-
March 31: Finding Hope on Our Reefs
May 11: Adaptation on Coral Reefs
May 24: Reef Resiliency & Restoration
June 8: World Ocean Day- 25 Years of Coral Reef Research

These free educational episodes are broadcast live from on our boat and underwater on the reefs in Little Cayman. The broadcasts are interesting for audiences of any age and are structured to align with the UK and Cayman Islands national science curriculum for years 4 - 6. We also send out lesson plans, vocabulary lists, student activity sheets, and a Reefs Go Live workbook for teachers and students to enrich their engagement with the broadcasts. The episodes are about 45 minutes long and registered participants are encouraged to ask questions via the chat box that will be answered by our team live during the broadcast.

We also encourage educators to reach out to CCMI's education team directly for more information about how to incorporate the broadcasts into their classroom time. They can be reached at education at reefresearch.org and previous examples of our broadcasts and the supporting education content can be found on CCMI's website- https://reefresearch.org/what-we-do/education/reefs-go-live/

Friday, March 31- Finding Hope on Our Reefs: CCMI’s long-term monitoring of Little Cayman’s reefs shows us important trends in reef health that reflect global threats and the benefits of strong local protection. We will share why this annual monitoring is important, and what these surveys tell us about the future of our coral reefs that we all depend upon.

Beth Chafin
Science Communications & Development Manager
Central Caribbean Marine Institute (CCMI)
Cayman Islands
Reefresearch.org<http://reefresearch.org/>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/reefresearch/> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/reefresearch/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ccmireefresearch>