[Coral-List] The Marine Biologist-Turned-Entrepreneur Restoring Coral Reefs Using 3D Printing And Clay

Austin Bowden-Kerby abowdenkerby at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 21:30:24 UTC 2023

Thanks for sharing Vassil,

By whose definition is this restoration?  Habitat enhancement at best
perhaps?   The last thing we need is more dead substrate for colonization
by algae.  And the last thing we need now is to perpetuate the delusion in
the press that there are quick fixes, and that such tiny efforts are
scalable, even if they worked!

Regards,

Austin

Austin Bowden-Kerby, PhD
Corals for Conservation
P.O. Box 4649 Samabula, Fiji Islands

https://www.corals4conservation.org
Publication on C4C's coral-focused climate change adaptation strategies:
https://www.mdpi.com/2673-1924/4/1/2/pdf
Film on our "Reefs of Hope" coral restoration for climate change adaptation
strategies:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0lqKciXAA
https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/emergency-response-to-massive-coral-bleaching/
<https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/emergency-response-to-massive-coral-bleaching/>

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 12:53 AM Vassil Zlatarski via Coral-List <