[Coral-List] Artificial Intelligence and coral reefs.

John Ware jware at erols.com
Mon Oct 2 12:59:00 UTC 2023

Hello Coral List! I seldom have anything to contribute, but I recently
found the following paper:

*Kai Kopecky: Quantifying the loss of coral from a bleaching event using
underwater photogrammetry and AI-assisted image segmentation.*

*Journal = Remote Sensing Volume 15, Issue = 16 *

I had been wondering how long it would be before Artificial-Intelligence
got into coral-reef research.  I am afraid, for the most part I feel
that AI is used by people who do not have real "I".

John R. Ware PhD
jware at erols.com <mailto:jware at erols.com>