[Coral-List] scientist letter Advancing Responsible Research and Development of Ocean-Based Carbon Dioxide Removal

Franziska Elmer franziskaelmer at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 19:21:47 UTC 2023

Hi all,

The IPCC made it clear that we need carbon dioxide removal in order to stay below 2 °C warming. The ocean is one of the places were this could be done, however we have major knowledge gaps on the consequences of doing so and research on making sure that these solutions do not have negative consequences.

Over 200 scientists have signed this letter asking for Advancing Responsible Research and Development of Ocean-Based Carbon Dioxide Removal
"Society must advance responsible research, development, and field testing of ocean-based carbon dioxide removal techniques to determine their potential to help restore the climate and the ocean."
Please help this plea by signing the letter.
Ocean CDR Science<https://www.oceancdrscience.org/>

Best,

Franziska Elmer