[Coral-List] THE AGGRESIVE INVADER SOFT CORAL "Unomia stolonifera" ARRIVED TO THE CUBAN ISLAND, NORTHERN CARIBBEAN !

Matthew Runo matthew.runo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 21:23:29 UTC 2023

Hi,

I’m a long time lurker on the list. I’m a software engineer and marine bio buff/reef tank keeper. I also make a YouTube channel on which I cover marine bio / reef tank hobby stuff. The discussions here are always very interesting.

Does anyone have a video showing the invasive Unomia coral that I could include in a video about the topic? I’d love to cover this from a reef tank perspective and talk about the need to carefully consider the impacts of our hobby on wild reefs. I also want to mention macroalgae and such and making sure it doesn’t end up in costal waters. Having a video to show the vast quantity of unomia coral already present would drive the point that much better.

Matt