[Coral-List] Coral Reef Conservation Preferences

International Coral Reef Observatory icrobservatory at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 20:17:36 UTC 2023

Interesting analysis to note that contributions towards coral reef
conservation tend to increase when major stressors are removed from the
equation. Thus, effective coral reef management should be based on that
priority when we identify Coral Reefs Optimism.

However, current group thinking is leading international initiatives that
exactly are just favouring restoration projects instead of expanding
effective marine protected areas or strengthening legislation to avoid
further coral reef degradation.  It is not effective for conservation when
restoration is funded by developers or causers of coral destruction. This
last strategy justifes the increase of threats on coral reefs and it is based
on Coral Reefs Pessimism.

Cordially,
Nohora Galvis
International Cora lReef Observatory
Follow us on Facebook.com/ICROBSERVATORY
Twitter ICR_Observatory
Instagram ICR_Observatory
YouTube ICR_Observatory