[Coral-List] Could foreign coral save dying reefs?

International Coral Reef Observatory icrobservatory at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 17:18:10 UTC 2024

All these desperate projects that favor contracts for
restoration practitioners, avoid addressing URGENTLY the causes. The point
about investing all the money in restoration by allowing it to
continue business as usual with already approved EIA will leave without
attention to the root causes. It will not give success either for
the conservation of corals of the foreign countries or the countries that
have already allowed the degradation of their coral reefs.

Stop unsustainable development (Including climate change causes) in coral
reef areas to avoid the local and global threats. I agree with Steven, it
is becoming increasingly obvious that it is the last best chance we have to
save coral reefs. I also agree with the message of Отправлено с помощью
защищённой почты, "understanding the causes and impacts of the coral
diseases is vital for developing effective management strategies. It is
imperative that governments, organizations, and individuals collaborate to
protect coral reef ecosystems, ensuring their resilience in the face of
disease outbreaks and other environmental challenges. Only through
concerted efforts can we safeguard these invaluable ecosystems for future
generations".

All the best,
Nohora Galvis
International Coral Reef Observatory, ICRO
ICRS WORLD REEF AWARD
Follow us on https://twitter.com/ICR_Observatory/
Facebook.com/ICRObservatory Instagram.com/ICR_Observatory and Youtube
ICR_Observatory