[Coral-List] The Guardian: Largest known deep-sea coral

Spring, Keith kspring at conshelf.com
Mon Jan 22 15:20:50 UTC 2024

Date: 22 Jan 2024

Hi Dennis:

Your memory isn't failing you.  Scientists at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in Ft. Pierce, Florida were making submersible dives and publishing research on these reefs back in the late 1970's (when some of us were just getting started in out careers), and were the initial proponents in getting these reefs protected.

https://www.fau.edu/hboi/research/marine-ecosystem-conservation/coral-reefs/discovery-and-conservation/

Keith Spring
CSA Ocean Sciences, Inc.

Message: 3