Coral Reef Restoration - Reply (fwd)

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at coral.aoml.erl.gov
Thu Feb 22 16:12:48 EST 1996

Forwarded message from Walt Jaap:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 07:23:55 -0500 (EST)
From: Walt, Jaap <JAAP_W at harpo.dep.state.fl.us>
To: OWNER-CORAL-LIST at reef.aoml.erl.gov
Subject: Coral Reef Restoration - Reply

The Soto Reef Restoration project at Grand Cayman currently working on
the 8th week has transplanted about 600 corals, moved ten tons of rubble
and replaced large coral heads weighing in excess of 6000 lbs.  The crew
has in excess of 4000 hours under water.  We are using Liquid Rock epoxy
to attach corals back on the reef.  Restoration will be finiished in
about two weeks.  At that point we will have transplanted approximately
2500 corals.  We will be glad to share our insights with those that are
interested.  W. Jaap, J. Morelock.