lloyd at gn.apc.org
Thu Jan 18 11:13:11 EST 1996
AVINA, a young Swiss-based foundation, finds and encourages
leadership for sustainable development in the areas of business,
institutional change, grassroots development, and conservation in Latin
America. We are opening a new office in Miami and are seeking a
Project Manager for Marine Conservation.
The project manager will help to develop our new marine conservation
programme, focusing at present on the reefs and coasts of Central and
South America. The job will require vision, strategic planning,
administration, partnership development, and a great deal of travel to
keep up with developments in marine conservation in Latin America.
* A PhD in Marine Science or equivalent discipline.
* A minimum of five years experience working in Tropical Marine
* Fluency in English and Spanish - including an ability to write well in
* Self-motivation, organisation, communications skills, tact and an
ability to work largely unsupervised.
* Position will be based at the foundation's new office in Miami
* Initial one-year contract
* Competitive salary reflecting the importance we place on the
recruitment of high quality staff
Prospective candidates should send a full CV with a recent photo and
telephone number to Erica Knie,
More information about the Coral-list-old