Slime-Blotch Disease Outbreaks

lucy.biologia at DARWIN.UPR.CLU.EDU lucy.biologia at DARWIN.UPR.CLU.EDU
Tue Jul 22 07:31:55 EDT 1997

	We have reports of slime-blotch disease, characterized by
large, external lesions, in coral reef fishes from 4 widely spaced
West Indian localities.  Have you seen this disease or heard reports
of its occurrence?  We are concerned that it is becoming widespread
and may cause a mass mortality.

	Thank you.

Bert

Ernest H. Williams, Jr.            Phone (787) 899-2048 X 264
Department of Marine Sciences
University of Puerto Rico       FAX 787-899-5500 (under repair)
P.O. Box 908                           787-265-3837 c/o Dr. Bunkley
Lajas, PR 00667-0980