Golf Course near coral reefs (fwd)

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at aoml.noaa.gov
Tue Jun 24 07:45:43 EDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 18:27:51 -0500
From: Siwa-Ban <sbf at btl.net>
Subject: Golf Course near coral reefs

Please try to put this message on the coral-list; this is the 4th time
I've tried and so far no such luck. Here is the message:

I live on a small island with a very (no--extremely) depauperate
literature base;  I was interested to know of any recent work done on
effect (if any) of chemical additives, such as pesticides, fertilisers
(for example, Scott's products), fungi- cides, etc etc. I need to know;
once they enter the groundwater, how far may these contaminants travel in
the currents? Any info would be of assistance.

Thank you in advance;

E. McRae
The Siwa-ban Foundation
Caye Caulker