epoxy

Mark Eakin Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 7 11:34:21 EST 2001

I have used Oatey Epoxy Putty for attaching branching corals for
experiments.  It is the Epoxy putty in stick form, where Part A is
rolled around Part B that Bruce Carlson spoke about.  While it may not
be ideal for filling cores, it is easy to work with underwater or while
wet and pieces can be broken off as needed.

As someone else wrote, you need to consider the application.  If this is
for a small number of experimental pieces, the putty should be fine.  If
you need large volumes, you may want to look elsewhere.

Cheers,
Mark

--
C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Chief of NOAA Paleoclimatology Program and

NOAA/National Geophysical Data Center
325 Broadway E/GC
DSRC 1B139
Boulder, CO 80305-3328
Voice: 303-497-6172                       Fax: 303-497-6513
Internet: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/paleo/paleo.html