epoxy

Rohan rohan at flamingobay.com.au
Wed Feb 7 17:51:33 EST 2001

G'day Nikki
  The best product I've found is Vepox CC57 (Aussie name) made by Ameron Coatings.  It has a workable time of about 50 minutes, sets in about 60 min.  I mix it on the surface in icecream containers immediately before the dive.  It is expensive at Aus$120 per 3kg but for transplanting fragments you only need a few grams per coral.  It is relatively non-toxic and corals start to grow over it within 3 months.  For large corals it would be expensive so I recommend using cement.
  One tip...  Epoxies and cement only adhere well to a clean surface so you should drill a hole or chisel a clean patch before attaching the coral.
regards,

Rohan Pratt
Flamingo Bay Research
Cairns  Australia