[Coral-List] coral skeleton density!

francois SENECA fseneca1911 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:36:35 EDT 2003

Bonjour dear listers,

I am working on abnormal growth in Porites compressa. It seems to me that
the skeleton of "tumors" is more crushable than normal branches. I would
like to assess the density of both, could you give me any advises? I tried
to make equal-volume plugs using a cork borer, but it is not accurate
enough! Then, I would just have to weight them and compare... the right tool
would be a tiny hole saw for dremel but it does not exist. Regular hole saw
has too thick blade and no sharpened enough teeth that make too much damage
to the skeleton! I need something of precison.

Any ideas is welcome, mahalo
                                               Francois.