[Coral-List] Acropora transport and thermal shock

di ha bethead345 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:36:19 EST 2005

Greetings,
Is there a best method for the shipping of acropora long distances? A number
of pieces that I have seen transported bleached within 12 -48 hours. The two
methods I have seen are wet packed (completely covered by water) and dry
packed (wrapped in bubble wrap with 50ml of water at the base for humidity).
Dry packing seems the best. Also have people come across thermal shock when
acropora is cooled to 20-22 degrees C then placed in water at 26 degrees C?
and what acclimatisation process are people using?

Cheers

Dion Trevithick-Harney