[Coral-List] internships

Rod Gerdsen gerdsr at blair.edu
Sat Sep 30 10:46:16 EDT 2006

Colleagues,

Are there 1-month environmental internships available out there for high
school seniors?  I have several talented students in my marine science
class who would like to spend the last month of their senior year abroad
helping some marine environmental program with their mission: education,
gathering data, monitoring, etc. I understand that some programs have an
age requirement, but these will only be the best of the best. If they
are not qualified to do research with you per se, could they simply
shadow you or someone in your program. They would need simple housing
for that month and food if possible (but not required). Again, they are
willing to travel outside the United States.

Please let me know of any leads directly to my e-mail. No need to flood
the listserve with all your responses.

Thank you.

Rod Gerdsen

gerdsr at blair.edu