[Coral-List] Information on innovations in coastal communities

Sebastian Ferse sferse at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 15:32:17 EDT 2008

Dear coral listers!

I am currently seeking information on the introduction and implementation of
innovative methods (e.g., novel fishing gear, mariculture methods,
processing techniques, etc.) in tropical coastal communities. I am
especially interested in factors (social, ecological, economic) that lead to
acceptance or rejection of such innovations by key stakeholders. I’d also
like to know whether someone has developed a standard approach for the
evaluation of such projects. If anyone is aware of or has data,
publications, anecdotes etc to share, I’d be very thankful if you could
point me to these.

Thank you for your assistance –

Best regards

Sebastian