[Coral-List] IPCC and coral reefs

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 16:03:27 EDT 2014

   Jean-Pierre,
   Thanks for providing the links to the latest IPCC report and summaries
   regarding coral reefs and marine ecosystems. As to whether it helps or not
   is another question. As you are well aware, the issue of climate change and
   even the IPCC itself have become so politicized that one has to wonder if
   the science even matters. It seems that the lines have been drawn and it is
   now  as  much about ideological predisposition as it is about science.
   Polarization occurs instantly at just the mention of the IPCC or the term
   climate change. Coral listers haven't been polled or asked to take sides,
   but we can all read between the lines. Reactions have become predictable
   even before the next study, report or summary can be released. Scientific
   integrity  loses out in a world where facts can be manufactured to fit
   individual beliefs. More and more we are becoming entrenched in diametrical
   realities even while recognizing that our destinies are linked on this one
   little planet.    Steve