[Coral-List] Coral Reef Fest, June 10 (South Florida)

Jim Hendee Acropora at protonmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:55:11 UTC 2023

Greetings, marine researchers, fellow divers, ocean enthusiasts and our great community of Coral-Listers!

I wanted to alert you to a “meet and greet” for divers, fishermen, boaters, marine biologists, and oceanographers to chat (and listen to great music!) about what we love about our coastal coral reefs, and what concerns we have. The purpose is not to raise funds, but to raise awareness, think about, and discuss avenues for addressing the decline of our coral reefs, which provide not only shore protection from storms (hurricanes), fish for our food and tackle, delight (and commerce) for our tourists, but also for the intrinsic beauty of seeing our coral reefs continue to grow and prosper along our south Florida coastal counties of West Palm Beach, Broward, Dade and Collier. Some fellow concerned citizens, naturalists, and I are helping to sponsor an event for this “meet and greet” on June 10 of this year. We’ve hired a great band, led by a locally (and once nationally) famous musician who has been on stage more than 10,000 times and always has the very greatest of musicians as part of his band, Mark Leach aka “Muggie Doo” with his band We-B3. Also, gracing the stage will be our own locally famous and tremendously talented singer Liz Sharpe with her band, “Lizzy & the Gents”.

The first 100 people to show up get a free bottle of Brew Dr Kombucha! (https://www.brewdrkombucha.com/)

The gig will start with “Lizzy & the Gents” at 5:30 pm and will be at:

Blue Jean Blues

3320 NE 33rd St

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

Please let me know if you intend on coming so we can make proper accommodations.

Please be safe out there on the water, and see you soon!

Dr. Jim Hendee (resident of South Florida since…a very long time ago )

Former and now retired,

Director of Ocean Chemistry and Ecosystems

Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory

Miami, FL

~~~~~~~~
Jim Hendee's new novel, Stones, is now available on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Stones-James-C-Hendee-ebook/dp/B0C1PD5D9G/