[Coral-List] Why do so many people care so little

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Fri Apr 21 15:41:40 UTC 2023

Ehsan:

My personal experience on this front is exemplified by my back-and-forth
with a former office-mate who is now retired from Chevron. Just above your
post in my email list was an email from him with the following as the
opening salvo. The bizarre thing is that his rants usually focus on US
businesses (and, therefore, jobs) going overseas where environmental laws
are weaker. As this seemed like a direct turn-around, my reply to him was a
question asking why business moving *toward* the US is suddenly such a
disaster. What can we possibly say to well-educated folks that raise such
competing points and argue that they both support their own arguments? Note
that this is a PHD graduate from a well-respected  geology department.

Dennis
Europe Worries That America Fights Climate Change Too Much
Companies are crossing the Atlantic to soak up green-energy subsidies,
prompting fears of a new trade war.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 8:55 AM Ehsan KAYAL via Coral-List <