[Coral-List] New low-tech method for monitoring survival and growth of coral transplants

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 16:54:16 UTC 2023

In our paper, just published, we developed and tested a new low-tech method for monitoring the survival and growth of coral transplants. The method is easy to implement by hotel staff, without scientific training, using the standard resources available at a hotel resort. This method is a game changer. It gives hotel resorts the monitoring tools they were missing, so they can now get involved as full partners in coral reef restoration worldwide.

Press release with a link to the PeerJ paper:
http://natureseychelles.org/knowledge-centre/news-and-stories/918-press-release-coral-reef-restoration-by-the-tourism-sector-nature-seychelles-pioneers-science-based-method-of-measuring-success

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc
Science Blog: https://grouperluna.com/